Saturday, October 16, 2010

10/16 A Pumpkin Feast of Epic Proportions



As is very evident, I absolutely love pumpkin. I can't get enough of it. For weeks, I have been collecting any interesting recipes I see on Tastespotting involving pumpkin (I have an entire bookmarks folder). During my Fall Break (a five-day weekend), I finally decided to throw a pumpkin feast for my friends remaining on campus. I had an absolutely miserable midterm week, consisting of 3 papers totaling more than 25 pages and a test. I was almost had another 6 page paper due, but that was luckily postponed. I opted to stay on campus for Break to sleep, build a fort, and cook. It was a grand weekend.

Cinnamon Pumpkin Black Bean Lentil Burgers (quite the mouthful)
These were my first attempt at veggie burgers, ever! I've now decided to make them all the time and freeze them for later because they are so incredibly easy. I added lentils just for fun, and they made all the difference.

Pumpkin Garlic Knots
Next time, I would add more pumpkin to the dough so it tastes more pumpkin-y.

My roommate's delicious Butternut Squash Ginger Soup (not pumpkin, but close enough)


Salad with field greens and walnuts (not especially exotic but still delicious)


Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake

I don't remember where the recipe came from, but I did use a gingersnap crust, which was pretty awesome (except they were near impossible to crush). I wasn't especially thrilled with the chocolate overpowering the pumpkin, but it was still pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment