Wednesday, October 27, 2010

10/27 Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, in Mass Quantities

In my house, we swear by our special Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Frosting. I had never even heard of "whoopie pies" before last year, but they are the most fabulous cookie-like sandwiches I have ever tasted. As a fundraiser for Pakistani Flood Relief, we created an event with a bunch of other program houses (around 7 or 8, I think), called the Cookie Cup. It's a competition where each house bakes a huge batch of cookies, and a person pays $2 to walk around and try them all and then vote for their favorites. My house has had a big rivalry with the science program hall for a good long while. It was a huge success (except for my stomach being overly filled with cookies), and we raised almost $250. As for the rivalry, it is still unsolved. We won in different categories, although my house did get the most overall votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment